May 22, 2011

Traditional Chinese Medicine.

Don't know where to start to explain how I got to experience TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), it is a long story.

I broke a toe last October during a TaeKwonDo practice, diagnosis: Fracture and second degree sprain, OUCH!!! My toe didn't heal properly, it was painful and I couldn't spar or grapple without causing my toe to become purple and painful again.

So, one day after an intensive training and another toe caught in the mats, a fellow practitioner gave me a massage and something he called "bone setting", it felt very good, almost no inflamation and I finished my training with little pain. I spoke to him about my broken toe and he suggested that I see his Teacher, a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner, so after a brief meeting with The Man (which I know call my Chinese Doctor, even though he is not chinese) and an appoitnment on my agenda, off I went to see the Chinese Doctor for an assesment that little had to do with the broken toe.

My health had been compromised lately; sleeping problems, lots of stress related to not sleeping well, multiple respiratory tract infections, allergies, arthritis, a serious health issue related to the monthly process girls go through, a couple of broken toes and well, the list goes on. I am a tough girl and can handle pain, stress and responsibilities well, or so I thought, however things were looking dark for me and I certainly was in need of some serious help.
Know that I had seen my Family Doctor many times and after many tests, vague answers, a referal to a Reumatologist, a Psychiatrist and a bunch of pills to treat depression and to help me sleep I was discouraged, hopeless and somehow doubting my own sanity.

I will explaining some of my issues, they will come out as I share with you my TCM treatments.

No comments: