May 28, 2011

Serenity, Homework and Fear...yes, Fear!

Things are calm here. I'm back to normal and wondering for how long. I sure feel better and will be ready if this thing attacks again, with my Chinese weapon in hand!

Next Tuesday is my Appointment with Ethan so I will keep you posted on any new events.

In the meantime...
I reading Yoga Literature and doing homework, catching up with my life.

Wednesday I went running again, adding another 5K to my log :-) really cool, this time with a steady pace, strong legs and a clear and calm mind. It felt good to run!
Thursday I went to Ashtanga Yoga with Frank, a great teacher with experience in Martial Arts who adds a Martial flare to his classes, specially when I visit, and I love it! I also taught a Kickboxing Class in the evening, it was a good class, as I said before, I feel strong and ready... for what? We will see.
Friday it was Budokon day.  '...Practice and all is coming'.

And Friday I realized something important is happening in my body... OVULATION!!!! OK, I don't mean to be graphic and this is not an invitation to anyone getting/suggesting ideas on what to do when I'm going through this stages in my cycle. I'm sharing this info because this is when I get sick, this is the time when things get rocky. And this time for the first time in a looooooong time I'm fine, not sick and nowhere near feeling sick. In fact I did not realize I was going through the process until the obvious was obvious (if you are a lady you know exactly what I mean) and so I right away logged the info on my PDA a.k.a iPod Touch where I have an app called Menstrual Calendar and where I keep track of all this info and I started to worry, just a bit. Since yesterday I'm feeling a bit scared that the monster is going to hit and that I won't see it but so far so good and here I am going through my process like any normal chick should, felling happy and sexy! I worked out really hard today, 90 minutes of  Kickboxing, great workout and in the back of my head the fear that I should not strain my body so I don't get sick.
After that and a good shower I drove to Ethan's place, he was teaching today and needed guinea pigs for Tui-Na massages, so I showed up with my friend and we both got an awesome mini massage, free of charge :-) which was perfect to ease my mind and relax my body.
This process lasts 3-4 days so by Tuesday (I have an appointment with Ethan) we will see if things actually were smooth or not, so far so good! I didn't tell Ethan anything, you know maybe I tell him I'm perfect and the next day I'm down. I only told hubby and he was happy to see me healthy and bubbly.
I'm also keeping up with my Chinese Tea, am I getting used to it? NO... Do I like it better now? NO... Will I continue drinking this horrible tasting concoction? YES if it helps with the process! Period!!! (no pun intended) LOL

Tomorrow, is the Spartan Race in Mont Tremblant, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sPEka2VYbg&feature=related and I'm going with my friends, we are not racing, we are going to encourage the boys from CrossFit CapOp and Training Mobs. Tomorrow I will post pictures and comments about it.

Now, off to bed, to rest and dream of health and love :-)

No comments: