May 23, 2011

More Treatments, More needles, Sweet Sleep and Good Training... Life is good!

Yes, after some more treatments, I'm feeling better and certainly more active. I'm back to training regularly, apart from the classes I teach, I've made the time to train and it feels good.
I sleep better, so I have more energy to do things and I'm loving it.
Yoga 2-3 times a week, Budokon 2-3 times a week, Kickboxing/Taekwondo once a week, even running (my new challenge, we will talk about that later).
www.budokon.com

In the following weeks I have received different treatments including more acupuncture, back massage, some TLC for my toe which after three treatments is actually almost perfect! I can bend it, it doesn't hurt at all, it doesn't get purple when I kick and the best of all, I can wear high heels again!!!! Well, after all I'm a girl and I love high heels :-)

OK, I took that picture while organizing my closet and thought it was so appropriate to describe how much I love shoes LOL
April started to go smooth right after I passed my period and right after Ethan worked on all the issues that the process brings along and things were looking normal, well, things go back to normal like nothing happened after the monthly nightmare goes away and with it all the symptoms.

Ethan had also been working a lot on my back and something that he called SER, Somato-Emotional Release.
This is what I found on it:
... "Somato-Emotional Release is a therapeutic procedure that uses the concepts of cranio-sacral therapy to free the body and mind of the discomforting side effects of trauma. The therapy focuses on establishing a strong mind-body connection in order for the release of emotional trauma and the resolution of physical symptoms... Somato-Emotional Release is beneficial to patients who are experiencing problems associated with injuries, physical trauma, car accidents, challenging life experiences, and surgery. The release process can be modified to suit the needs of each individual, thereby bringing optimal relief. It can be used as a complimentary therapy to help relieve physical conditions that are intensified by stress, tension, and anxiety. Somato-Emotional Release is a form of therapy that uses the power of the body-mind connection to facilitate change and the healing process, allowing the body to fully recover from traumatic experiences.
Now, if you are wondering how all this relates to my experience, here it goes:

In the last two years, maybe more, I have been getting sick every month, twice a month, for 3 to 7 days, even more, depending on how good (or bad) things go.
I get Allergies/Cold symptoms every month, they start with ovulation, lasting from 3 to 7 days and they come back with the period, lasting another week or so. I have been to the doctor, done blood tests, and many other tests and received vague answers, I am weak during my period, my immune systems gets compromised during that period, so I am more disposed to getting sick. I have to rest, eat better, sleep better, relax, blah blah blah, really... OK I don't sleep very good but I eat well, I am careful specially during that time, it is been a while that I don't even train as I used to. And the worst thing is that as years pass things get worse.
On a regular month, I get sick as I get my period or ovulate, an allergy attack (how I call it) that last about three days, it could get worse if things get out of control and I might end up with a respiratory tract infection, bronchitis, a fever, I have to stay in bed, miss work and all of the likes. My body hurts, specially all my joints, and last year I was diagnosed with Arthritis and sent to a Reumatologist who said this could be the result of an infection and sent me home with another pill to add to the list, oh gosh... all this has not been unusual in the last two years. In fact people that know me would say that I always have a cold. At one point in all this my doctor thought that I was going through a depression and that everything could be in my head... aaaaaarrrrrgggggg... well, now it seems that I am crazy, I don't think I am but certainly heading there! I don't know what to do anymore about this and don't want to be sick ever again. So in the last 6 months things are getting worse and my emotions are all over the place, stress levels are very high and I am extremely worry about getting sick every month, I can even track it and know exactly when I'm getting sick, it is so precise that as the first drop of blood comes out of my body the sneezing starts! Sorry, I don't mean to be so graphic, well, yes I do!
It is very discouraging to be very sick for about 3-7 days and then everything goes away like nothing happened, I am OK for a week and the next week it comes back and the roller coaster starts again.
I have tried many remedies, I have taken many pills, specially when I have to work and deal with the symptoms, so I take lots of Antihistamines and when those don't work I swallow cold/flu pills, syrups, anything that would help, at the end it is not pretty, I know all this is toxic and I can't keep going on like that, so I was happy to find Ethan and to have such a smooth month. And to be even more honest I didn't talk much about this to other people for fear of being tagged as a crazy cuckoo, so I was keeping it all to myself lately.
So, insomma, I started to see Ethan right after a sneezing attack, after the second appointment it was period time and apart from some sniffles and little pain it all went smooth, so things were looking bright plus all the work he was doing on me felt so good and beneficial. I was in heaven, until...

In the next post, what I did with that blessed month of not being sick! from April 5th to exactly April 6th.
and some info on what I do for a living and for fun :-)

No comments: