Jun 10, 2011

Moving on...

Yesterday was a good day, aside from joint pain and fatigue, I managed to enjoy the sunny day.

I started my day with the Chinese Herbs, a hearthy breakfast and organizing the house a bit. Nothing interesting really. I then headed to Moksha Yoga to warm up my body and get some movement into my day, to my surprise, it was an Ashtanga class with an awesome teacher, there is only one Ashtanga Yoga Class at this studio and it happened to be yesterday when I showed up for the first time at that place, how awesome is that?! I was very happy about that; after about 75 minutes I was feeling tired (class is 90 minutes) so I slowed down a bit, nothing to prove, remember? (talking to myself), I was there for fun and to warm up my joints a bit. Then a good shower, a healthy snack and rest before my Kickboxing Class later that evening, I didn't do much, just guiding the crowd through their workout.

It is funny how I feel beaten up after a workout of any nature. It is OK to feel sore a bit the day or two after, but lately whenever I choose to workout, whether it'd be yoga or anything else, the next day I get up like I had done a sick workout and went overboard and the worst thing, is not my muscles, the pain is in my joints, knees, ankles, hips, shoulders, hands and feet (fingers and toes), I am feeling old, very old :-(

Today I am planning to add some movement again into my day, Moksha Yoga or a short run, maybe both, let's see how I feel later, maybe both is a bit too much but today I don't work and pretty much have the whole day to eat well and sleep it off. REST!!!
I haven't run in a little while, and I'm thinking that the Montreal Marathon is looking shady if I keep going like this. I will cross the finish line, rest assured!
http://www.marathondemontreal.com/en/courses/marathon.html

Maybe I should start thinking about my outfit for that day instead of worrying so much about all this pains, I love clothing and shopping, so that's a good way to clear my mind of thoughts... Wait, what about Meditation to clear the mind... hmmm, better than shopping, right?




And well,  don't really need to shop, I will find something really cool in my closet to wear and I'm thinking a nice pair of Lululemon Run:Speed Shorts in Ikat print  and maybe the Running Hat in the same print. That's it, found my outfit!... for now, you will see how I change my mind many times on what to wear and end up wearing classic, black, running tights!





Today is the Montreal Beer Festival and I'll be heading there with hubby later this evening, I don't like beer that much but a good Stout is always welcome :-) the darker the better!

http://festivalmondialbiere.qc.ca/en/festivals/mondial_de_la_biere_montreal_2011/

I am in no mood for alcohol however a nice pint of a nutritious Milk Stout, or a room temperature Chocolate Stout and even an Oatmeal Stout will probably do my system good :-) one of my favorites, made right here in Montreal, McAuslan Brewing's St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout, you can actually go seat at Terrasse St-Ambroise and have a draft pint of their delicious "made-right-there" beers. http://mcauslan.com/
I usually go for the Black and Tan when I want to keep the dark, strong stout flavor but add a hint of one of their delicious beers. Well, I'm now in the mood for it :-)


Stay tuned, more to come, have a great weekend.

Love, xx

1 comment:

Paleo Pete said...

Let me know if you make any beer discoveries!! :) xo