Jun 2, 2011

Back to Traditional Chinese Medicine

Tuesday finally came and with it my appointment with the Chinese Doctor, yes I know he is not Chinese and he is not a Doctor, but to me he is so that's it!

I gave the news about the test results, he wasn't concern, in fact he doesn't seems overly concern about things and I find that extremely cool. Wish I could do that. He looks at the big picture rather than getting stuck on small details, offers immediate help through the treatments and I like talking to him, I can see that he has a lot of experience, hands-on experience. He says that the herbs that I'm taking will help with the Anemia and the rest of the problems, this herbs are basically nourishing my blood and I like how that sounds... and feels :-) by now I could tell that I am feeling much better.
I deliver the news that I'm almost finishing the Ovul... cough cough... ation process and that I have not been sick, and well it is Wednesday (technically Thursday since is past midnight and I'm still on the net reading and writing) and no sneezes to be seen, YAY!!!!! My heart is dancing!

I'm still drinking the soup, alright is not a soup, the magic potion, I like that! no wait... not liking the soup, just the magic potion thing. And from what I was told, will have to keep drinking it , two weeks of waiting for my bloody period (no pun intended) to arrive. After that we will switch to the powders/granules and cook the herbs when I need to shock/boost things up.

In this appointment I get a sweet back massage, my bum and hamstrings hurt a lot when he rolls his hands on them and I can't contain my OUCH OUCH OUCH which leads to a deeper massage, I breath deeply and the voice in my head starts "see what happens when you work your bum so much... it gets tight" and I thought that was a good thing, come on' people, seriously, who wants to see a saggy bum, not me for sure! He mentioned before something about the exercises I do for my rear end but we both forgot and for now I won't remind him. I'm not attached to looks but some things are important: Long Hair, White Teeth and a Round Perky Bum, no I'm not kidding!
Once the back is done, I turn around and have to pull my pants up, really up, I mean way up, to reveal my thighs and three needles get placed on each thigh, it hurts like hell and I cover my eyes, whine and voice out my regular "oh sh*t", I excuse myself for using such language, he doesn't care much, he is doing his job. My thighs hurts and I really feel the needles digging in and then the magic starts. I feel things happening around my legs, a bunch of mad ants walking all over there and sometimes I feel this "energy" going up and down my body. While the needles are working Ethan is also working, on my chest, my head, my neck while I close my eyes and relax. And BOOM! I feel something like an electric shock go down my spine all the way to my feet, I open my eyes and look at him for an answer, I don't need to talk, he knows and explains that it was intended, he found some "obstacles" in the way and had to get rid of it so my Qi could flow smoothly and do it's job, how cool is that? Totally cool!!!!
I'm left to relax some more with the needles in place and when he comes back, needles are removed, OUCH again, I am bleeding and when I look down at my thigh a bruise is there, I complain, he says "sorry", one of those "false sorry" I find it funny and the bruise totally worth it I think right there. Today I go to yoga in the park and well I'm not too happy about not only one but TWO bruises from the needles! so I don't wear shorts :-( Positive side? (there is always a positive side) there is a bruise on each side, symmetry! and well symmetry is beauty. I am so happy with my two bruises, one on each thigh :-)
At the end of the appointment, I am handed two cotton rolls to bite on and I think oh oh, cracking things up, last time I didn't get cracked so I thought it was over. He pulls my head a couple of times and up to now, that pull hasn't made any sound yet, I think is the only part we haven't been able to crack properly. Then he grabs my head and start working on my neck, I feel like he is going to take my head out of my body or break my neck with that move, I try to relax, and the sound comes, it is horrible for me, just the sound, it doesn't hurt but it causes and impression on me. And the boob squishing comes, he senses my fears and he comments "your favorite" I want to laugh... not really! both arms crossed over my chest and he pushes and cracks my back in three different spot, after that I feel like a rag doll, it is not good but I like it, hard to explain. Then I sit down , hands crossed behind my head and he is now on the table with his knees against my back cracking things up. I wonder if this is actually good for you or not.. I know it is!
I'm ready to go home, all smiles :-) I make another appointment, in two weeks!!!! Two weeks??? what am I going to do in two weeks, what if I get sick? oh my... I need my security blanket, my TCM blanket, I guess Qi Gong will be the answer. And well is not that bad. My appointment is for exactly the second day of my period, how convenient! I wonder if he planned that... hhhhhmmmmm I won't ask. And what's better, hubby is coming with me, he made an app to see Ethan and get a treatment for himself! Awesome! I like that :-)

No comments: