Jan 1, 2015

2015 New year. New beginning

I couldn't wait for 2014 to end and often said it was the toughest year I've had so far. I was holding onto fear and pain and blaming 2014 for it. 

Truth is, 2014 was a wonderful year, filled with personal growth and some of the biggest learnings of my life. So many things happened and it wasn't life's fault, it was all the result of my actions and I am the only responsible, if not for the outcome, at least for the attitude towards it. 

2014 was the year I took a stand for myself and those I love. I found my voice! And loud and clear I was heard. Big decisions and so many steps forward were taken. As much as I cried, suffered and dwelled in pain, in 2014 I also discovered how strong and unbreakable I am! Just like bamboo, I bend so I don't break.

2014 was kind to show who my true friends are, those that really love me for better or for worse, those that would come from far, and would go above and beyond to show me how much I'm loved and cared for. I always complain that my family and my true friends are far, and that has been a great excuse of why I don't go out as much as I would like to, and why I don't enjoy myself as much I want to, and why I hardly ever accept invitations to do fun stuff with people I know here in Montreal where I've been living for the last 12 years. 
The reality is that I have, here in Montreal a lot (yes lots!) of amazing friends that have become my family. I've created, for myself and for those around me, a huge community of like minded people and I've shared wonderful moments with this amazing community. My Montreal community knows me, loves me and appreciates me and I feel that every single day. I'm not alone here, have never been. I am loved and I love, and that's what it's all about. 

I work for a wonderful company that allows me to grow at my own pace (and my pace is fast!), that hands me the tools to develop myself into the best human being I could possibly be. Where I am not afraid to fall because I know that I have so many people behind me to help me get back on my feet, where no dream is ever too big, where possibility is where we all are,  and where I am treated as a being and not as a number in the payroll. I am given the space to just be and I'm so grateful to have that, it is a blessing! 
I love the people I work with, they have given so much love and support, not just my nearby colleagues but so many people within the company, something so rare to see these days, they are some of the most inspiring people I've met, and I will fight ninja style to protect my team, yes I will! 
And I go to work in sweatpants, leggings and running shoes... WIN WIN WIN

I can only be grateful for 2014 and very little, if anything, to b*tch about!


Thank you 2014 for being amazing, for coming and going, far from smooth, and so full of learnings. In the end, that's life, we either win or we learn, and I'm made for this.

Welcome 2015



No comments: